CESP Subject Matter Experts
By completing this application, you are indicating your commitment to serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the CESP™ certification.
Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) are integral to the success of the CESP™ certification, supporting its work through item writing and reviewing, serving on committees, and providing training to other certificants.
SMEs are selected based on their demonstrated expertise, experience level, geographic representation, and specialty area. Each working group of SMEs, to the extent reasonably possible, will be representative of the CESP™ certified population and when selected for a specific task will represent:
- A range of experience employment support services
- A range of practice areas, job settings, and populations served
- A range of geographical areas
- Cultural, ethnic diversity, and gender diversity
By completing this application, you are indicating your understanding of the requirements to participate in exam development activities throughout the exam development process. Read below for details about each exam development assignment. For details about committees, please go here.
ITEM WRITING: Recruitment closes 11/10/19 to item write in November and December 2019. Items due by January 3, 2020.
Duties: to help in writing items for the CESP exam, around a particular domain or topic area.
- Required to attend item writer training with APSE Psychometrician Consultant (GoToMeeting or similar) - November 20, 2019 from 1-2:30 pm EST. Available on-demand after for review.
- Item writers are asked to submit between 10-15 questions through an online portal (although more are welcome, at least 10 are required to be eligible for CE credit)
- You will have approximately 3 weeks to write all your questions at a self-managed pace.
- Follow best practices of item writing, including guidelines provided by APSE.
- CESP in good standing (preferred)
- Familiarity with content areas - you will indicate your most familiar domain(s) on this form.
- Self-managed, able to meet deadlines
- Depending on how many items are accepted, you will not be able to take the exam for a period of 2 years after serving in this role (recertify only through CE credits)
Continued Education Credits: 1 CE credits for each item accepted for use on the exam. Must submit 10+ items to be eligible for CE credit.
ITEM/EXAM REVIEWER: Recruitment closes 12/13/19 to participate in the item and examination review process. This is in-person over January 15-16, 2020 OR in-person February 24-25,2020.
Duties: help review test items for clarity and relevance to content outline.
When: Either: January 15-16, 2020 or February 24-25, 2020. 9am-5pm both days. On-site location in Dallas, Texas.
We will be recruiting individuals to serve as item reviewers for 2020 in-person dates at a location to be determined. Approximately 8 individuals will be selected for each group.
Attendees will have their hotel covered, as well as breakfast/lunch during the event. Attendees will be required to cover their own travel expenses and any expenses outside of what APSE will cover.
The group will focus on reviewing exam questions (items) for coherence, clarity, and relevance to the content outline.
- CESP in good standing (preferred)
- Attend an item writer training (online webinar on-demand)
- Have a working knowledge of available resources that cover CESP content outline
- Individuals serving in this role must attest that they are currently not (and will not in the next 2 years) provide training to prepare candidates for the CESP examination.
- You will not be able to take the exam for a period of 2 years after serving in this role (recertify only through CE credits)
Continued Education Credits: 10 CE credits for two days (9am-5pm both days)